If you want third-party apps designed specifically for a touchscreen interface, nothing beats the iPad and its vast library of programs and games designed specifically for Apple tablets. Curated and monitored, the App Store offers a rich selection and includes every popular app you can think of. If a variety of compelling apps that look and work well on your tablet are your main priority, Apple is the way to go.
Android has come a long way in terms of app selection, but it still doesn’t have as much as Apple offers. It’s hard to say exactly how many tablet-optimized Android apps are available, but it’s far less than Apple claims.
Amazon tablets don’t have access to the Google Play store, so there are few apps available. There are a lot of people hacking the Play Store on Amazon tablets, but this is against Amazon and Google’s terms of service and cannot be considered a reliable solution.
Apple iPad mini (2021)
Apple’s sixth-generation iPad mini tablet delivers Pro-level power in a smaller size that’s better for reading, taking notes, and slipping in a jacket pocket.
- 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone and wide color
- A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP Wide back camera, 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- Available in purple, starlight, pink, and space gray
- Landscape stereo speakers
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi 6
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- USB-C connector for charging and accessories
- Works with Apple Pencil (2nd generation)
- Excellent performance
- Long battery life
- Works with second-generation Apple Pencil
- No multi-user option in iPadOS
- Pricier than previous model